Loyola University Maryland is committed to supporting the health and safety of all faculty, staff, administrators, and visitors as part of our commitment to the educational and spiritual traditions in line with our Jesuit values. Loyola's leadership has implemented these steps to help employees navigate COVID. The University reserves the right to change COVID-related policies and processes at any time.
Highlights of the Plan:
- COVID Vaccinations: The University continues to require all employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series through the first booster or receive an approved medical or religious waiver through human resources. New hires may not begin work or come to campus until they receive the first dose of their vaccine series (whichthey must see through to completion in a timely way) or obtain an approved waiver from human resources.
- Surveillance Testing: The University will not conduct random surveillance testing on employees. Employees who need COVID testing because they have been identified as a close contact or have COVID symptoms should reach out to their Primary Care Physician.
- Communications: Critical employee updates related to COVID will be provided on this website or sent via email to faculty, staff, and administrators. We are no longer updating a COVID dashboard.
- Visitors and Events: There are no COVID-19 restrictions related to visitors and events.
- Masking: Although wearing a mask is not required on campus (except in the health and counseling centers), community members are always welcome to wear a mask. There are many reasons why individuals would choose to wear a mask including but not limited to they or loved ones are immunocompromised, other health conditions preventing vaccination, personal preference, etc. Please be respectful of other people’s concerns around commutable illnesses.
Employees who are Symptomatic:
- Employees who develop symptoms, should stay home, take a COVID-19 test and contact their primary care physician.
- They should also contact their supervisor, similar to how they call in with any other illness.
- If the employee is approved to work remotely by their supervisor, and they are well enough to do so, they may work remotely if required to quarantine or isolate.
Report COVID Positive Results:
- Report your positive COVID-19 case to the University through the Employee COVID Reporting Form (also accessible through InsideLoyola). This is required to ensure proper communication regarding next steps and contact tracing.
- Employees who test positive are required to stay home and isolate for 5 days after the date of the positive test. Your test date is Day ZERO. During this time, you are not permitted to come to campus. Call out to your supervisor in line with department procedures.
- After 5 days, wait to end your isolation until you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms have improved.
- If you have a fever or are symptomatic on day 5, you may need to isolate for a full 10 days.
- Wear a well-fitting mask around other people and do not travel for at least 10 full days and until 24 hours after your fever ends.
For questions, please review the Employee FAQ or reach out to your HR Partner.