Advancement Graduate Assistant
Advancement Research Office
Office of Advancement
|Hours & Wages
Approximately $3,052 (split evenly between scholarship and stipend) per semester based on 200 hours.
The Advancement Services Division supports the operations of Alumni Relations, Annual Giving, Planned Giving, and Corporate and Foundation Relations. In Addition, the department oversees the university’s alumni and donor databases. The Office of Advancement Research is responsible for conducting prospect research and identification, using wealth and giving capacity assessment. The Advancement Graduate Assistant serves as an analyst while supporting the Advancement Research efforts. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing research reports utilizing prospecting tools to identify and qualify individuals, corporations and foundations;
- Editing detailed event briefings by confirming the accuracy of giving and affinity to the University;
- Reviewing alerts received through push technology that relate to research efforts;
- Assisting as needed with other research-related and advancement projects;
- General office tasks as necessary including filing, labeling and reorganizing the research library files into a more efficient system.
This position is available Monday through Friday during the 2014-2015 academic year and requires 200 hours of work per semester (15 hours per week September – May 31). Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student in one of Loyola's graduate programs. Computer skills are a must including superior skills with Microsoft Office which includes Access, Excel and Word. Applicants should be mature, flexible, and possess strong organizational and written skills and the ability to work independently. The student must provide own transportation because the Assistantship is located at the Loyola Graduate Center Timonium Campus.
Advancement Research Officer
Graduate Assistant Employment Application