Campus Ministry, Program Operations
|Hours & Wages
10 Month position: 15 hours per week. August 15 – June 15 (approximately)
Tuition remission ($4,500) and Stipend ($4,500); Fall (300 hours) and Spring (300 hours)
Graduate degree candidate
- Availability for 15 hours per week
- Commitment to nurturing own spiritual life
- Understanding of Jesuit educational and spiritual values or demonstrated willingness to learn and commit to those values
- Flexibility with regard to specific duties
- Excellent writing skills
- Competent in following computer applications: Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Good organizational skills, highly motivated and a demonstrated ability for (and belief in) collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to see a project through to completion
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Experience with program development and coordination, fundraising, and college-aged students preferred.
- Availability for two year commitment (upon re-evaluation at the end of the first year) would be preferred, although not required
- Maintains regular office hours and available presence in Campus Ministry office for a minimum 15 hours per week.
- Attends Intern Training Retreat August 22 -24, 2012 at Loyola Retreat House in Western, Maryland and Intern Formation Day on January 26, 2013.
- Engages in bi-weekly supervision with Campus Ministry staff supervisor. Content may include but is not limited to: feedback on job skills and performance, improvements regarding professional skills and self-care, integration of spirituality and professional skills, etc.
- Working with members of the professional staff, the Graduate Assistant provides administrative and clerical support as needed for The Jamaican Experience January immersion program and the Rostro de Cristo summer immersion program to Duran, Ecuador. The GA will coordinate all applications and letters of recommendation; schedule all interviews; serve as a point of contact for all questions related to the application process; and assist in the coordination of campus-wide fundraising for both programs.
- Receive and track all monies for Campus Ministry Immersion experiences such as The Jamaican Experience and Rostno De Cristo.
- Responsible for tracking ongoing annual collection projects such as Operation Rice Bowl.
- Coordinates and serves as a contact person for all student intern evaluations.
- Act as liaison between Chosen Generation Gospel Choir and Campus Ministry. Specifically assist with logistical details for Fall & Spring Concerts and retreat.
- Edits, copies, drafts, and creates multiple documents, flyers, announcements for Campus Ministry as needed.
- Performs other assigned tasks as delegated.
Please email your resume and cover letter indicating which Graduate Assistantship you are interested in applying to CampusMinistry@loyola.edu. If you have additional questions, contact George Miller at or 410-617-2449.
Graduate Assistant Employment Application