|| Center for Community, Service, and Justice (CCSJ) + The York Road Initiative (YRI)
|| Academic Engagement Programs Graduate Assistant
|Hours & Wages
Schedule: 2022-23 academic year, with potential for a one-year renewal. Recipient will work approximately 15 hours per week, or approximately 200 hours within semester. May include some evening hours.
Remuneration: $3600 per semester, following a 50 percent stipend and 50 percent scholarship model ($1800 will automatically go towards tuition, $1800 will be provided as a stipend).
**This amount is based on 200 hours/semester (12.5 hours per week for 16 weeks at $15/hour). It may be prorated depending on when position is filled and how many hours of work will actually be completed during the semester.
Position Term: 2022-23 academic year (Aug 2022 – May 2023)
- Must be enrolled as a graduate student at Loyola University Maryland.
- Marketing and design skills in creating 2D media such as posters.
- Experience with website development/maintenance and social media including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication.
- Organizational skills for balancing multiple tasks.
- Past or current experience with community service, service- learning, and social justice education/work.
- Ability and willingness to work with students, faculty and community representatives.
- Experience with assessment and data analysis a plus but not needed.
| Scope & Responsibilities
The Community-Engaged Learning & Scholarship Graduate Assistant provides support for academic community engagement projects and initiatives. The office is physically located in the Center for Community Service and Justice.
This position directly reports to the Faculty Director of Community- Engaged Learning and Scholarship in Academic Affairs.
Training opportunities for Microsoft Outlook and SiteCore will be provided during work hours.
- Provide ongoing support of academic community engagement via maintaining social media presence, updating webpages, creating event and program promotion fliers, updating engaged scholarship repository in conjunction with LND Library, and maintaining media repository with CCSJ and LUM Archives.
- Provide support to Faculty Director of Community Engaged Learning and Scholarship regarding faculty development initiatives, event planning, and other projects as needed.
- Serve as graduate student representative on the Committee on Engaged Scholarship and record the minutes, if scheduling allows.
- Maintain records of mini-grant program applications and reports.
- May assist the Academic Engagement-Data GA with data collection, analysis, and assessment tool development related to Engaged Scholarship.
| Contact Information
Submit cover letter and resume to Stephen Park, Faculty Director of Community-Engaged Learning & Scholarship, 410-617-2497, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the CCSJ website.