|Center for Community Service and Justice
|Immersions & Special Programs Graduate Assistant
|Hours & Wages
Schedule: One (1) or two (2) academic years (not including summer). Recipient will work approximately 15 hours per week each semester, or approximately 240 hours per semester. May include some evening and weekend hours.
Remuneration:$3600 per semester, following a 50 percent stipend and 50 percent scholarship model ($1800 will automatically go towards tuition, $1800 will be provided as a stipend).
**This amount is based on 240 hours/semester (15 hours per week for 16 weeks at $15/hour). It may be prorated depending on when position is filled and how many hours of work will actually be completed during the semester. It is a 9 month position (September to May, including some miscellaneous dates in August and December)
- Must be enrolled as a graduate student at Loyola University Maryland
- Experience with direct service and/or social justice education work.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. • Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with students, faculty, campus partners, and community partners.
- Experience facilitating training, reflection or discussion groups.
- Computer skills to assist with database and survey
|Scope & Responsibilities
This position will assist with planning and administration of CCSJ immersions and special programs. The travel portion of immersions lasts between seven to ten days, but the preparation, education and fundraising spans the entire year. The multifaceted components of immersion programs require careful and detailed planning. This graduate position will involve detailed administrative record-keeping and confidential paperwork of participants. In coordination with Assistant Director, and student intern this position will support immersion peer facilitators and mentors. This position will also support logistics for other CCSJ programs including the Community Service Fair, Mission Centered Service & Employment Fair, and other special events.
This position will report directly to the Assistant Director for Immersion Programs.
- Assist with facilitating peer facilitator training workshops and meetings
- Support participant selection &maintain records
a. Update rosters
b. Maintain online & paper files of participants, including health forms
c. Track participant payments
d. Create travel binders for each immersion
e. May assist with interviews for immersions
- Advise and support peer facilitators for 5-7 local, national, and international immersions.
a. Meet monthly with immersion peer facilitators to discuss group dynamics, education plan, and logistics
- Research opportunities for new immersions and develop new immersion programs working closely with Assistant Director of Immersion programs
- Assist with data collection and analysis
a. Create post-immersion survey(s) or other assessment tool(s)
- Support the planning and implementation of such special events as the Community Service Fair, Mission Centered Service & Employment Fair, and the Service Send-Off Reception
Submit cover letter and resume to Pat Cassidy, Assistant Director for Immersions at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit: www.loyola.edu/immersions
Graduate Assistant Employment Application