||Rizzo Career Center
|| Loyola's Rizzo Career Center helps students and alumni at whatever point they are in their career journeys, from the first day of undergraduate classes to late career changes. We've developed a unique four phase approach that we use to serve every student and alumni, assessing where they are and helping them make progress toward their goals.
|Hours & Wages
10 hours per week. The compensation is $4,600 for the academic year ($2,300 per semester), split 50% between tuition and stipend.
- Currently enrolled in Loyola's School Counseling Master's program
- Have completed the Theories and Techniques classes
- Strong communication skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well on a team and independently
- Have a thorough understanding of resume construction and career development
Career Services at Loyola University Maryland offers a Graduate Assistantship to encourage School Counseling graduate students to gain practical experience in a higher education career counseling setting. The emphasis of the Assistantship is to provide opportunities for students to practice the skills and techniques acquired in their classes. The Graduate Assistantship includes individualized training and experience in career counseling practices.
- Commit to 300 hours over an academic year (150 hours each semester) to working in the Rizzo Career Center as part of the Career Readiness team administering individual and group counseling and discernment sessions
- Assist students in the beginning stages of conceptualizing their skills and articulating their experiences
- Work directly with students to facilitate the process of discovering, exploring, and understanding their interests, values, and talents
- Take part in weekly one-on-one supervision as well as team meetings
||Interested applicants should email Rachel Bachman, Assistant Director Career Discovery at email@example.com.