Graduate Assistantship for Data Science
|Hours & Wages
About 20 hours per week is about 300 hours per semester.
For every 100 hours worked the student would receive a Scholarship of $763, and a Stipend of $763
Hours are flexible and negotiated by candidate and supervisor
Willingness to perform tasks assigned by:
- Bahram Roughani, Associate Dean for the Natural and Applied Sciences
- Other faculty members (though these must be approved by Bahram Roughani)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience with programming (Python, R preferred), statistics, mathematics
- Second year Data Science graduate student who has completed a year of the program preferred.
- Ability or experience in tutoring or mentoring other students.
- Available at least one evening per week by appointment to assist students.
- Available for student and faculty appointments and interactions at least one day per week with specified and regular hours.
- Available for faculty and student interactions via online communications
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Available for meetings on campus as requested
Perform tasks as needed to support the Data Science program and faculty. These may include but are not limited by the following.
Assist with grading for CS, MA, and ST faculty members (as assigned) – for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
Assist with administrative tasks related to program operations. Examples:
- Website content updates
- Creating and/or maintaining documents in Excel/Word/Power Point
- Researching leads for program marketing
- Assisting with events (Orientations, Information Sessions, etc.)
Tutor/assist students at Undergraduate or Graduate level with Data Science related coursework.
Other duties as assigned
|How to Apply
Please submit application, cover letter and resume to Bahram Roughani via email at email@example.com
Be ready to furnish references on request.
Bahram Roughani / Associate Dean for the Natural and Applied Sciences / firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Assistant Employment Application