Graduate Assistantship for Data Science
|Hours & Wages
About 20 hours per week is about 300 hours per semester.
For every 100 hours worked the student would receive a Scholarship of $763, and a Stipend of $763
Hours are flexible and negotiated by candidate and supervisor
Willingness to perform tasks assigned by:
- Dr. Chris Morrell, Data Science Program Director
- Zoe Derrickson, Director of Program Operations
- Other faculty members (though these must be approved by Dr. Morrell.)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience with programming (Python, R preferred), statistics, mathematics
- Second year Data Science graduate student who has completed a year of the program preferred.
- Ability or experience in tutoring or mentoring other students.
- Available at one evening per week by apt. at Columbia campus to assist students.
- Available at Evergreen campus for student and faculty appointments and interactions at least one day per week with specified and regular hours.
- Available for faculty and student interactions via online or in person communications
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Available for meetings on campus as requested
Perform tasks as needed to support the Data Science program and faculty. These may include but are not limited by the following.
Assist with grading for CS, MA, and ST faculty members (as assigned) – for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
Assist with administrative tasks related to program operations. Examples:
- Website content updates
- Creating and/or maintaining documents in Excel/Word/Power Point
- Researching leads for program marketing
- Assisting with events (Orientations, Information Sessions, etc.)
Tutor/assist students at Undergraduate or Graduate level with Data Science related coursework.
Other duties as assigned
|How to Apply
Please Submit Application, cover letter and resume to Zoe Derrickson
Be ready to furnish references on request
Zoe Derrickson / Director of Program Operations / Data Science Program / email@example.com
Prof. Christopher Morrell / Director, Data Science Program / 410-617-2629 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Assistant Employment Application