||Disability Support Services
Newman Towers West 107
||Graduate Student Assistant (direct hire)
|Hours & Wages
15-20 hours a week
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
(exact schedule to be determined)
$16 per hour
- Must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at Loyola University.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Be proficient with technology
- Commit to a schedule of 15-20 hours within hours of 9-5 work day Mon. – Fri.
- Have excellent organizational skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Be a self-starter and show initiative.
The Graduate Assistant in the Office of Disability Support Services is expected to have a high level of responsibility. Maintaining the confidentiality of student records and details of the interactions with DSS students is imperative. The GA will work closely with all staff members in the office. This individual will complete the following expectations.
- Learn the DSS database system in order to assist students’ w/ requests for alternate testing and text in alternate format.
- Submit requests for text in alternate format on behalf of students to publishers or our online e-text resources and ensure text is obtained, transferred and delivered to student.
- Review emails in DSS and Testing rooms account daily to determine which staff member should handle each email.
- Assist with special projects in the DSS office.
- Review data in each DSS Student Alternate Testing Contract to ensure all details for exam type and length are noted. Contact professors for accounts not updated.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly divisional meetings.
- Assist Accommodations Coordinator with the preparations, administering and return of tests, midterms and finals.
- Assist DSS students, as needed, with the installation of ocr reader software onto students’ computer and assist with how to implement this software for reading text in alternate format.
Taylor Thornton, Accommodations Coordinator
Graduate Assistant Employment Application