A. General responsibilities
2. GRCs are expected to work approximately 20 hours a week to satisfy the requirements of the position.
3. Attend and facilitate weekly staff meetings and individual 1-on-1 meetings with student staff.
4. Meet regularly with Assistant Director.
5. Maintain up to 10 office hours per week. This includes daytime and evening hours.
6. Maintain a presence on campus and in the residential area including weekends (in consultation with your direct supervisor).
7. Participate in an area or departmental committee.
8. Complete other duties as assigned.
B. Provide educational and personal support to 100-300 resident students.
1. Foster an inclusive residential community.
2. Report and respond to issues of bias and discrimination in the residence halls.
3. Meet the needs of a diverse student body.
4. Assist in the coordination of area and campus-wide programming efforts.
C. Provide leadership to the Resident Assistant Staff.
1. Provide direct supervision of 3-7 Resident Assistants.
2. Assist the Assistant Director in leading weekly staff meetings.
3. Complete performance appraisals of the Resident Assistant Staff.
4. Provide periodic on-going staff development activities.
D. Promote and uphold the Community Standards and support campus safety.
1. Confront all inappropriate behavior and follow procedures for referral to the student conduct process.
3. Serve as a conduct officer and adjudicate violations of the Community Standards.
5. Provide guidance and support to the Resident Assistant Staff in upholding policies.
6. Serve in the 24-hour on-call rotation. This requires carrying a departmental cell phone and responding to all emergencies. GRCs are on-call approximately one week and one weekend (Thursday through Monday) per semester.
7. Be available in times of campus emergencies.
E. Assist with the administrative processes of the department and residential area
1. Participate in residence hall openings and closings which includes break periods throughout the academic year.
2. Conduct and/or facilitate regular room inspections and assist with the damage billing process.
3. Support departmental processes including room selection and staff selection.
F. Participate in staff trainings
1. Participate in August (fall semester) and January (spring semester) GRC staff training.
2. Engage in monthly in-services and GRC staff development activities.
3. Attend, facilitate and support all RA trainings throughout the year.
4. GRC fall semester training is typically one week at the beginning of August. RA fall semester training is typically two weeks prior to fall semester opening. GRC and RA winter training is typically scheduled five days prior to spring semester opening. Training days are generally scheduled between the hours of 8am-9pm.