|Position and Department
||Mentorship & Assessment Graduate Assistant, ALANA Services
The graduate assistants (GAs) for ALANA Services are expected to assist in the development and implementation of multicultural and diversity initiatives for ALANA Services and the Division of Student Development.
Graduate assistants employed by ALANA Services will enhance competencies in one or more of the following areas:
- Student Learning and Development
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Advising and Helping
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Assessment, Evaluation and Research
- Professional Development and Work Ethics
|Position, Hours and Wages
- The position is part-time, 20hrs/week, starting the first week of August and ending the third week of May that totals to 800 hours between the Fall & Spring semesters.
- Compensation will total to $13,500; Tuition Amount $6,750 & Stipend Amount $6,750.
- The GAs will be permitted to procure additional employment with the approval of the Supervisor.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at Loyola University Maryland.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to details.
- Willingness to work & mentor undergraduate students.
- Background in Research Methods (Surveying & Reporting).
- Coordinate, execute & evaluate the ALANA Mentoring Program (AMP), including Monthly Mentor Meetings, AMP Outings, and AMP Mentor selection & Training.
- Assist with assessments of various ALANA Programs (ISP, MAP, etc.)
- Compile assessment data into reports.
- Work with the Director & Assistant Director of ALANA Services on various research projects.
- Coordinate campus-wide cultural heritage celebration programming, working with two designated ALANA organizations/celebrations on programming
- Meet with the president of these ALANA organizations as necessary.
- Meet with the Executive Boards (E-Board) as necessary.
- Meet with the E-Board in advance of their heritage celebration time period.
- Ensure completion of program evaluations.
- Work with the Leadership Development GA and the Academic & Career Enrichment GAs to coordinate & execute programs such as International Festival and “A Night of Stars”.
- Actively participate in the execution of the Multicultural Awareness Program (pre-orientation program) e.g. interviewing prospective Navigators, providing feedback about the program, being present during the entire program including the Navigator Training.
- Participate in weekly ALANA staff meetings and supervision meetings.
- Partner with Leadership Development GA and the Academic & Career Enrichment GA on marketing communications (e.g. ALANA Anthem Newsletter, etc.).
- Maintain records/files in an organized manner.
- Attend and assist with ALANA sponsored events, including those on nights and weekends.
- Chaperone on-campus ALANA Orgs weekend parties and events as needed.
- Assist with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Assist with creation of publicity and promotion of office events/initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conduct themselves with professionalism during all interactions with students, staff, & faculty of Loyola University Maryland.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the promotion of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the education of Loyola students on issues of multiculturalism and awareness.
- Attend weekly one-on-one meetings with their supervisor.
- Available for night and weekend activities.
- Maintain office hours.
- Serve as a positive role model and advocate for ALANA students.
In order to apply, it must include:
- Graduate Assistant Application [Can be found in the HR Website]
- Cover Letter
- 3 Professional References
||Jason Summers, Assistant Director of ALANA Services
email@example.com or 410-617-2134
Graduate Assistant Employment Application