|Position and Department
Mission & Inclusion Program Coordinator- Hourly Graduate Student Worker
In Support of the President’s Office & Support the President’s Council on Equity & Inclusion.
Reports to Dr. Robert Kelly
|Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with planning and coordination of diversity programs and events through research on best practices.
- Act as liaison to student organizations and departments seeking to collaborate on programming.
- Assist with assessments, research and benchmarking surveys as needed.
- Interact with campus professionals, meet with student groups, and maintain regular hours to serve as a resource for the Loyola Community on issues of equity and inclusion.
- Attend all necessary cultural competency and/or diversity trainings; become a cultural competency workshop facilitator through research and teaching.
- Attend regular supervision and staff meetings; review literature as provided.
- Perform other duties assigned by the President’s Office staff.
- Must be enrolled as a graduate student at Loyola University.
- Prior program planning experience and ability to work as part of a team required; team leadership experience a plus.
- Model commitment to dependability and accountability.
- Commitment to confidentiality in all matters.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative and problem-solving skill.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to traditionally underrepresented students (including, but not limited to Asian, Asian American and Pacific Islander, African and African American, Latinx, Native American and Alaskan Native, and International students; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning students; students with disabilities; as well as those with various spiritual/religious beliefs).
- Interest in learning about diversity issues, advising, mentorship and educating others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google documents, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign) and social media platforms a plus.
- Some night and weekend hours are required
|Compensation and Hours
Hourly rate: $15-$19/hour
Part time, temporary
Hours: Afternoons (15 hours/week)
| Contact Information
|| Please send applications to Carla Berkenkemper at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Assistant Employment Application