|Hours & Wages
||GA Hourly position at $16 per hour (no stipends). Flexible hours and schedules available.
||The Study houses expansive programs of academic support for Loyola students including peer and professional tutoring, academic coaching, and academic study skills workshops, among other programs. These resources provide comprehensive learning assistance that enable students to become successful, independent learners.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or psychology, and matriculation in a graduate program at Loyola University Maryland.
Preferences: Experience in providing direct student support services, such as tutoring or counseling. Experience with various software applications, preferably Microsoft Office Suite. Strong organizational, presentation, administrative, and communication skills; the ability to work independently and effectively is a must; ability to work well with a traditional college student population, as well as with staff and faculty, and members of the Loyola community; and ability to be assertive when dealing with conflict resolution.
Front Desk Management:
- Administrative tasks such as monitoring the automated tutor scheduling system, swiping students’ IDs into and out of the center, answering phones, responding to departmental emails, and welcoming members of the Loyola community to the facility.
- Responsible for enforcing rules and policies of the center.
Additional Roles (if interested):
- Workshop facilitation: Deliver prepared academic study skills workshops to small groups of students on topics such as learning styles, time management and avoiding procrastination, test preparation, reducing test stress and anxiety, effective note taking, etc.
- Academic or Time Management and Organization Coaching: Work with students on study skills and strategies or time management and organization skills.
- Peer tutoring coordination: Assist the Assistant Director with tutor training initiatives, observe tutoring sessions, and provide feedback to tutors.
Interested applicants should email their resume to Molly Fredette, Director, The Study.
Graduate Assistant Employment Application