||The Writing Center
|Hours & Wages
||Flexible hours and schedule
Loyola Writing Center Graduate Tutors are peer tutors who work one-on-one with other graduate students throughout the graduate writing process to help them improve their self-efficacy in writing. Tutors work a set schedule of hours (usually between 5 and 15) every week in the afternoons and evenings. We have physical locations on the Evergreen Campus and on the Timonium Campus. We also tutor virtually via Zoom. Paid training and professional development are provided.
No experience necessary, paid training and professional development will be provided.
Graduate Assistants participate in all aspects of Writing Center operations and activities. In addition to tutoring peers in writing, Grad Assistants may also:
- Prepare print and electronic resources
- Offer workshops and presentations
- Work as fellows in specific courses or disciplines
- Attend and participate in staff trainings and continuing education
- Gather data on consultations for research purposes
- Present writing center research and practices at professional conferences
- Promote the writing center through public relations
- Mentor other graduate tutors in the writing center
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Craig Medvecky, Associate Director, Writing Center.
Graduate Assistant Employment Application