Team sites provide departments, groups, or organizations in the Loyola community with an online area for internal collaboration. Each team site is only accessible by people who have been granted access, allowing for a more secure environment to share information and files that should not be readily available to the public. From meeting notes to vacation calendars, task management to department discussions, each group can utilize this feature as it makes most sense for them.
Team Site User FAQs Team Site Owner FAQs
Benefits of Using a Team Site
- Ideal for team collaboration on a project, activity or committee
- Communicate with your team easily
- The team site is the single source for your team to find all the latest information (meetings, tasks, calendars, documents, contacts, links)
- Set up automatic email alerts to inform the team of tasks, status updates, announcements, etc.
- Document management is simple
- Uploading and sharing files is simple with improved ‘drag and drop’ feature
- Collaborating on document content with others is easy using co-authoring or the check-out option
- Set up email alerts to be notified of any document changes
- Team Calendars can be set up to keep the team on track
How to Request a Team Site
Team sites can be created for any Loyola University Maryland college, school, department, or university-sanctioned committee or student organization. Only Loyola University Maryland community members with Loyola accounts can become members of a SharePoint team site.
To request a SharePoint team site, use the self-service portal or email email@example.com.