ISOCs are responsible for orienting new and visiting international students to the campus and the Baltimore area. They also assist the international students in integrating into the Loyola University Maryland community. For a list of all requirements, click on our: 2018-2019 ISOC Job Description
Under the guidance of the Director of International Student Services, ISOCs:
- Attend a four-day training session at the beginning of the academic year
- Greet arriving international students at BWI airport
- Participate in all activities related to the orientation of internationals whether they occur on or off campus
- Attend one of three day-trips for the international students per semester
- Assist international students with integration into campus life
- Be available to internationals on an informal basis to answer questions
- Help make social connections between international students and other Loyola students
Please complete the 2018-2019 ISOC Application and submit your résumé and cover letter no later than Friday, July 13th by 5:00pm.
Ms. Sunanda Bhatia of International Student Services
Loyola University Maryland
4501 North Charles St.
Baltimore MD 21210
You may also submit these items to firstname.lastname@example.org, as mentioned in the application. We hope to hear from you!
Students are appointed as ISOCs for one academic year. The position begins 2 weeks prior to the beginning of fall semester and ends at the end of spring semester.