Messina, our First-Year Program, serves as the foundation of a student’s journey at Loyola University Maryland. With the guidance and support of experienced faculty, administrators and fellow students, Messina prepares students to embrace their role as active participants in the Loyola community.
Apply for a work study position and become a member of our team!
The student work study will provide administrative and clerical support to Messina office administrators and staff. The student should be open to working in a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces the Jesuit mission of the University.
- Answer and operate Polycom phone system; take complete and accurate phone messages and direct calls accordingly.
- Greet and assist visitors including students, faculty, administrators and parents.
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Excel spread sheets for various office projects.
- Prepare for, set-up, and work Messina programs, workshops and other activities.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Manage day of logistics for Messina sponsored shuttles and act as the point of contact including being present at the campus pickup location and communicating information with the driver.
To apply, please complete the 2019-2020 Office Assistant Job Application.
*All Messina student employees must be eligible for Federal Work Study. If you aren't sure of your work study status, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.