Messina, our First-Year Program, serves as the foundation of a student’s journey at Loyola University Maryland. With the guidance and support of experienced faculty, administrators and fellow students, Messina prepares students to embrace their role as active participants in the Loyola community.
Apply for a work study position and become a member of our team!
The student work study will provide administrative and clerical support to Messina office administrators and staff. The student should be open to working in a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces the Jesuit mission of the University.
- Answer and operate Polycom phone system; take complete and accurate phone messages and direct calls accordingly.
- Greet and assist visitors including students, faculty, administrators and parents.
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Excel spread sheets for various office projects.
- Prepare for, set-up, and work Messina programs, workshops and other activities.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Manage day of logistics for Messina sponsored shuttles and act as the point of contact including being present at the campus pickup location and communicating information with the driver.
To apply, please complete the 2020-2021 Office Assistant Job Application.
The Creative Assistant work study positions play a crucial role in the marketing and communication of Messina programming and events. The positions are designed to provide students with practical work experience within the communication and graphic design fields and regular professional development opportunities.
- Develop and enhance the office’s marketing and media plan by contributing innovative ideas and opportunities to connect more effectively with the first-year student community and prospective students and their families.
- Generate, revise, and further enhance publicity materials through print and digital/social media.
- Capture and document the first year Messina experience through interviews, narratives, faculty/administrator profiles, event reflections, images, videos, and social media posts to tell the story of Messina at Loyola for internal and external audiences.
To apply, please complete the 2020-2021 Creative Assistant Job Application.
*All Messina student employees must be eligible for Federal Work Study. If you aren't sure of your work study status, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.