• Have a background in one or more of the following fields: Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Social Media, Journalism, Digital Media, Writing, Business, or Marketing (Preferred, not required).
• Have a working command of Photoshop and/or Illustrator or Media Creation sites like Canva.
• Experience in other Adobe Creative Suite and movie editing platforms is beneficial to the role.
• Expect to apply their talents to the following areas: graphic design, page layouts, branding, 2D print media, digital/social media, advertisements, copy editing, writing, and creative marketing solutions.
• Ability and interest in sharing about the Messina student experience.
• Have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Be able to work in a team setting.
• Pay great attention to detail and utilize analytical critical thinking skills.
• Be able to work independently while juggling multiple projects while prioritizing and completing them by their deadlines.
• Be receptive to critiques and edit requests on creative work.
• Create and design media, including flyers, social media graphics, branding materials, etc.
• Collaborate with campus partners to develop marketing materials for events.
• Collaborate with Creative Assistant team to manage social media activities, including developing content, replying to comments/DMs, and monitoring related activity to ensure compliance with relevant Messina and Loyola University Maryland mission and values.
• Recommend and implement strategies for recruiting new followers and members via social media.
• Collaborate with fellow Creative Assistant and Messina professional staff through open and constant communication about projects.
• Maintain two-way communication with staff members requesting projects.
• Assess program and event marketing for effectiveness and appeal of audience.
• Attend and work Messina weeknight and/or weekend events (Theme-wide programs, co-sponsored events, Loyola Open Houses, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned including answering the phone, greeting visitors, and other clerical office operations.
Apply to Be a Creative Assistant!
If you're work study eligible and interested in this position, let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org