• Have a background in one or more of the following fields: Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Social Media, Journalism, Digital Media, Writing, Business, or Marketing (Preferred, not required).
• Expect to apply their talents to the following areas: page layouts, branding, social media, advertisements, copy editing, writing, and creative marketing solutions.
• Ability and interest in sharing about the Messina student experience.
• Have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Be able to work in a team setting.
• Pay great attention to detail and utilize analytical critical thinking skills.
• Be able to work independently while juggling multiple projects while prioritizing and completing them by their deadlines.
• Be receptive to critiques and edit requests on creative work.
• Develop creative strategies and ideas to tell the story of Messina at Loyola for internal and external audiences (i.e. Loyola campus community, prospective students and families, etc.).
• Generate content for the Messina blog and social media, about elements of the Messina experience, such as student narratives, professor profiles, and event reflections.
• Initiate connections with students, staff and faculty to conduct interviews and create content for publishing.
• Edit testimonials and interviews.
• Work closely and communicate with the other Creative Assistant team member to ensure that social media activities are integrated into overall publicity strategies for projects.
• Generate new ideas to market and promote Messina on campus through tabling, social media contests, etc.
• Work 10-15 hours per week.
• Collaborate with fellow Creative Assistant and Messina professional staff through open and constant communication about projects.
• Maintain two-way communication with staff members requesting projects.
• Assess program and event marketing for effectiveness and appeal of audience.
• Attend and work Messina weeknight and/or weekend events (Theme-wide programs, co-sponsored events, Loyola Open Houses, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned including answering the phone, greeting visitors, and other clerical office operations.
Apply to Be a Creative Assistant!
If you're work study eligible and interested in this position, let us know! Email us at email@example.com