Messina is the First-Year Program that serves as the foundation of a first-year student’s journey at Loyola – a journey enriched both by small, seminar-style classes and by experiences that transcend the four walls of a classroom. With the guidance and support of experienced faculty, administrators and fellow students, Messina prepares students to embrace their role as active participants in the Loyola community.
The student work study will provide administrative and clerical support to Messina office administrators and staff. The student should be open to working in a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces the Jesuit mission of the University.
• Answer and operate Polycom phone system; take complete and accurate phone messages and direct calls accordingly.
• Greet and assist visitors including students, faculty, administrators and parents.
• Develop and maintain Microsoft Excel spread sheets for various office projects.
• Prepare and set-up for Messina programs, workshops and other activities.
• Assist with various projects as assigned.
Below is a description of the skills and/or experience needed to perform the job effectively, i.e., computer skills, interpersonal skills, special certifications and/or training:
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and oral forms to persons inside and outside of the Messina office.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to Loyola reporting guidelines for student employees.
- Perform duties with discretion and maturity.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Build professional relationships with faculty, administrators and students.
- We are looking for someone who is available to work for 8-10 hours per week, specifically during the hours of 11am-1pm.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Teresa Heath at email@example.com . If you have any questions about the position or application process, feel free to call us at 410-617-2669.