The Messina Mentor's enrichment session audit help us streamline the training for our new faculty, mentors and Evergreens and refine the Messina resources we have, including the Messina Modules.
To streamline the collection, we have included an excel spreadsheet that includes a template for the current semester. It helps for everyone to use the same worksheet when reporting back to us. Here a few tips for inputting information into the form:
- We know that most of your plans will not follow the “once per week” session represented on the spreadsheet. You are encouraged to insert rows if you held more than one session in a given week.
- If you did not meet during a week, please note “Session canceled” or “No session planned”
- Be specific with your location and presenter information – we are trying to assess how useful the classrooms have been for enrichment activities and which offices were involved in enrichment session presentations. You can also indicate whether the faculty members, mentor or Evergreen took the role of primary presenter or if the responsibility was shared by the working group, an outside presenter or the students.
- Estimate the number of hours each activity took to complete (most sessions will be 1 hour if completed during class time).
- For the purple boxes (session content), please write a “1” in the box that best represents the primary focus of what you did during the session (of the six options provided – academic transition, social transition, reflection/discernment, course enrichment, theme related and service opportunity. Another option may also be relevant, but we ask that you limit your input to “1”. Click on each heading for session content to get a more detailed description of each category.
- For the green boxes (format), write a “1” in the box that best represents the format of the session – an enrichment session held during the scheduled time, a Messina-sponsored campus event, a campus event not sponsored by Messina or an off-campus event. Click on each heading for format to get a more detailed description of each category.
- For the blue boxes (learning outcomes), place a "1" in as many learning outcomes areas that apply to what you planned for each session. Click on each heading for learning outcomes toview each learning outcome.
- If you worked with two sections that planned the same enrichment sessions, you will only need to fill out one grid. If the two sections differed, please submit two separate worksheets and complete the qualtrics form twice.
- Submit a qualtrics form for each enrichment audit you complete.
If you have any questions or would like assistance with this audit, please contact the Messina Offiice at 410-617-2669 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.