Loyola students are invited to apply for a national fellowships office summer research grant. These grants help students engage in research, writing or artistic work in any academic area. The funds may be used for any defendable purpose (travel, housing, materials, etc.). The award is limited to members of the class of 2017, 2018, or 2019 with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
Past awards were given to support research into
- Irish American Fenian invasions of Canada
- A comparative behavioral ecology of Pig-tailed and Long-tailed Macaques at Danau Girang Field Center, Borneo
- The effects of habitat on the germination and growth rates of Arabidopsis lyrata (a flowering plant in the Brassicaceae family)
- Anti-slavery organizing and advocacy in Africa
- Digital photography of abstract architectural constructions
- Masculinity and tears in The Song of Roland, Lancelot, or the Knight of the Cart, and Troilus and Criseyde
Three awards are available for amounts of $1,000 each and may be used in conjunction with another award, grant, or internship. The application deadline is March 15, 2016. Awards are announced by March 30.
Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 National Fellowships Summer Grant Application