The Loyola Department of Public Safety has forty-five (45) sworn officers that provide routine patrol and respond to calls for service 24 hours a day. Their primary function is the preservation and protection of life and property on the campus of Loyola University Maryland.
To accomplish this mission our officers go through an extensive training program and many are former or retired police from neighboring agencies. The officers patrol our campus by foot, vehicle, and an IMPBA trained bike patrol.
The Department of Public Safety provides several services as part of its uniformed patrol.
These services include:
- Lock out assistance for your vehicle or on campus residence
- Jump-starts in the event your vehicle has a dead battery
- Lost and found property (property is collected and maintained at 5104 York Road)
- Parking enforcement
- First Aid/CPR – all campus police officers are certified in first aid and CPR as well as in using and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Property engraving
- Fingerprinting (Tuesday-Saturday, 8a-3p)