Rock climbing challenges the body and the mind.
No experience necessary to come climb. Let our trained staff belay you up the wall on our different top route routes. Find routes for beginner and advanced skill levels at the Climbing Wall. Use our bouldering cave for unroped climbing!
Learn to Belay
New to climbing? Tired of standing in line for a belay? Attend a belay class or one of our workshops
- Learn about Loyola's wall, the sport of climbing, and become belay certified.
- Classes and workshops are offered throughout the semester.
- Look for the interest list on the climbing wall's desk, contact us, or sign up online.
Belay Class Offerings- Fall 2019
Look for our fall schedule of free Learn to Belay classes soon.
Loyola's annual climbing competition is hosted each year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Stay updated on current events on The Ascent's Facebook page.
- All profits benefit a local, Baltimore nonprofit
- Open to all College students and recent graduates of no more than one year ago
- Part of the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Climbing Series
- Other schools in the series:
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Maryland
- Towson University
- Gettysburg College
- York College of Pennsylvania
- St. Mary's College of Maryland.
Fall & Spring Semester Hours of Operation
Sunday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The climbing wall has limited hours during exams and college breaks.
Summer Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday- Sunday: Closed