Rock climbing challenges the body and the mind.
Find routes for beginner and advanced skill levels at the Climbing Wall. Use our bouldering cave for unroped climbing!
Learn to Belay
New to climbing? Tired of standing in line for a belay? Attend a belay class or one of our workshops
- Learn about Loyola's wall, the sport of climbing, and become belay certified.
- Classes and workshops are offered throughout the semester.
- Look for the interest list on the climbing wall's desk, contact us, or sign up online.
Belay Class Offerings - Spring 2018
Loyola's annual climbing competition is hosted each year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Stay updated on current events on The Ascent's Facebook page.
- All profits benefit a local, Baltimore nonprofit
- Registration begins the 1st Monday of November
- Part of the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Climbing Series
- Other schools in the series:
- Johns Hopkins Univeristy
- University of Maryland
- Towson University
- Gettysburg College
- York College of Pennsylvania
- St. Mary's College of Maryland.
Fall & Spring Semester Hours of Operation
Sunday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The climbing wall has limited hours during exams and college breaks.
Summer Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed