Rock climbing challenges the body and the mind.
Find routes for beginner and advanced skill levels at the Climbing Wall. Use our bouldering cave for unroped climbing!
Application is live, and open through January 31st.
Responsible for the safety of all climbers. Teaches proper climbing and belaying skills. Belays children ages 7 and up as well as a wide variety of others. Training is provided, but experience at the Department of Recreational Sports climbing wall is preferred. Reports to the Assistant Director, Outdoor Adventures.
Learn to Belay
New to climbing? Tired of standing in line for a belay? Attend a belay class or one of our workshops
- Learn about Loyola's wall, the sport of climbing, and become belay certified.
- Classes and workshops are offered throughout the semester.
- Look for the interest list on the climbing wall's desk, contact us, or sign up online.
Belay Class Offerings - Spring 2019
Sign up and reserve your spot below:
Loyola's annual climbing competition is hosted each year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Stay updated on current events on The Ascent's Facebook page.
- All profits benefit a local, Baltimore nonprofit
- Open to all College students and recent graduates of no more than one year ago
- Part of the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Climbing Series
- Other schools in the series:
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Maryland
- Towson University
- Gettysburg College
- York College of Pennsylvania
- St. Mary's College of Maryland.
Fall & Spring Semester Hours of Operation
Sunday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The climbing wall has limited hours during exams and college breaks.
Summer Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed