“The trip was a wonderful adventure that gave me 13 new friends. It was the best thing to do before school starts.”
What is the Outdoor Adventure Pre-Fall?
- A multi-day wilderness experience for incoming first-year students.
- You will spend 5 days and 4 nights camping and participating in 1 of the 6 activities offered.
- You will develop lasting friendships, ease the transition to college, and have fun.
- Each trip is led by upper-class student leaders who receive over 400 hours of training per year.
- To ease the transition to college life.
- Ask questions and have discussions on the issues and apprehensions (both academic and social) about college.
- Learn a new outdoor skill.
- Learn about campus services, clubs, and ways to get involved.
You will participate in 1 of the following activities while on your trip.
- Rock Climbing
- Sea kayaking
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Whitewater kayaking
Each group will also:
- Engage in both casual and facilitated conversations
- Learn new, fun games and initiatives
- Reflect on each day's events
- You will be placed in a group with 8 to 12 first-year students.
- This small group size allows you to:
- get to know the other participants on your trip
- create a bond that you will carry with you through your time at Loyola
No Experience Necessary
We realize that, for many students, this will be your first time in the outdoors. Therefore, each trip is designed to explore the parallels between this new experience and the one awaiting you at Loyola.