Fall 2019 Trip Schedule Coming Soon!
OAE trips range from day & weekend trips, to extended multi-day trips. Our seven activity types include hiking & backpacking, rock climbing, caving, white-water kayaking, sea-kayaking, canoeing, and stand-up paddleboarding.
Where to Sign up for Trips:
- Online! Click the trip hyperlinks in the calendar below. Log- in with your Loyola ID, sign the waiver, and complete payment all from the comfort of your couch.
- In Basecamp, FAC room 233 (past the racquetball/ squash courts)
- Basecamp hours: Monday -Thursday 4pm-7pm, Friday 12pm-3pm
- Information table in Boulder (cold weather) or on the Quad (warm weather) on alternating Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Once Signed Up:
- Our Basecamp Staff will email you confirm your registration, and to tell you when the mandatory pre-trip meeting will be.
- If this is your first OAE trip, please make sure to fill out and return the OAE medical form sent out by Basecamp. We will need it returned by the pre-trip meeting.
Fees: All above fees are for all full-time undergraduate students and members of the Fitness and Aquatic Center. Learn more about the benefits of membership at the FAC!
For those who are in the Loyola Community (but not a member of the FAC or full time undergraduate student) you are still welcome on all OAE trips at the rate of $20 for day trips and $40 for overnight trips.
Refunds: Refunds (or a transfer to another trip) will be granted if
- A trip is cancelled by OAE
- A trip is postponed by OAE, and the date is unavailable for the registrant.
- The registrant cancels one week prior to the trip date.
Wilderness First Responder
Loyola's Department of Recreation Sports will be hosting an 8-day Wilderness First Responder Training.
The class is a medical training for leaders in remote areas including outdoor educators, guides, military, professional search and rescue teams, researchers, and those involved in disaster relief.
The curriculum is comprehensive and practical. It includes the essential principles and skills required to assess and manage medical problems in isolated and extreme environments for days and weeks if necessary.