The Student Activities Office is proud to announce the creation of a new student-led leadership group that will work directly with our Student Clubs and Organizations - the Club Council! Selected members will begin their one year term in the Fall of 2018.
Mission & Vision
The Club Council is a student-run leadership group within the Student Activities Office which exists to enhance the Club and Organization experience for presidents, members, and advisors, in a multitude of ways. This Council will serve the members of Loyola’s clubs by acting as a resource for information, a liaison to Student Activities and other departments across campus (as needed), and will provide programming support to existing clubs. The formation of the Hound Club Council will directly impact student involvement in campus activities, student satisfaction, retention, and will contribute to students’ fulfillment of Cura Personalis in addition to aligning with the Ignatius mission of Loyola.
3 -5 members selected in the spring semester before their incumbency (which will begin the following academic year) and tenure will be one academic year. One position will be reserved for the Director of Campus Outreach for S.G.A., which will have their own election process via S.G.A. The Club Council will meet on at least a monthly basis or as needed to meet the needs of the Council and members will be expected to attend events and workshops throughout the year depending on their schedules. Any disputes will be solved by a democratic vote whereby one person has one vote, and the Student Activities Program Coordinator would vote in the case of a tie.
- Previous direct experience as a club member or club leader
- Juniors & Seniors
- Completed the Club Council application
- Demonstrates leadership, community engagement, creative thinking, service, and a genuine desire to help their peers
Serve as a resource to Student Club Presidents and members alike
- Attendance at club functions and workshop trainings
- Select the monthly Club of the Month winner
- Program support
- Review club policies annually
- Be knowledgeable on club policies and enforce them
- Assist in planning large-scale events such as the Activities Fair, the Fall Club Kickoff, and an End of Year Club gathering
- Brainstorming new initiatives for clubs and willing to try out new ideas
- Creating a positive, inclusive, and engaging environment for campus clubs and organizations
- Will be the eyes and ears of Loyola’s clubs and organizations