Clubs can not spend money and get reimbursed without having approval from either the Director of Student Activities or the Student Activities Program Coordinator.
There are three sources of club/organization funding:
- All on-campus fundraisers must be approved and registered in advance by the office of student activities.
- Clubs may apply to the SGA Finance Committee for funds to help with fundraiser start-up costs. Refer to SGA's Appropriations Procedures and Guidelines form for more information (available here).
- If a club plans to sell merchandise as a fundraiser, any design to appear on merchandise must be approved by that club's moderator.
- All money raised during a fundraiser must be brought to the Office of Student Activities immediately. It will then be deposited for safe-keeping. Students can access this money by working with a staff member in Student Activities. Students may not open bank accounts for clubs.
- Students must use money obtained through fundraising by the end of the school year in which the money was raised.
- Students may not donate via the Evergreen Card unless they are purchasing a specific good or service related to a fundraiser. A club may reserve an Evergreen reader to be used during a fundraiser by filling out an Event Reservation Request Form, and indicating this on the form. A staff member in Student Activities will add the account number for the Evergreen Reader on the form.
- Student clubs and organizations attempting to sponsor a guest speaker from outside of Loyola University Maryland may not receive funding from any outside organization to use toward funding the guest speaker.
- Fundraisers must be alcohol-free.
Student Government Association (SGA) Finance Committee
- This student-led Committee meets weekly to review requests for funding from clubs/organizations that do not already have their own budgets.
- Before a club/organization can request funding from this Committee, a representative from the group must first attend a mandatory workshop that addresses the club funding process. A club can schedule an individual funding training with the Student Activities Program Coordinator by emailing Lea at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests must be submitted to SGA online at least 2 Tuesdays before funds are needed.
- The online request form is available on SGA's Club Appropriations website.
- Any funds that are granted to a club/organization from the SGA Finance Committee must be spent by the end of the academic year.
- Conference funding is available up to $1000.
- Guest speaker funding is available up to $250.
- As noted in the financial by-laws, SGA will not provide funding for food for club meetings, unless the clubs sole purpose is centered around food.
Education for Life Committee
- The Education For Life committee (EFL) allocates funds to support educational and diversity programming outside of the classroom. EFL also provides partial support for professional development opportunities for students, and conference attendance. The committee now also accepts proposals from the graduate student community.
- Committee members review and evaluate the merits of proposals and determine appropriate amounts of funds to be allocated to a particular program, as well as provide suggestions for planning and implementation to encourage a more successful program.
Visit the Education for Life website to learn more.
For more information about club/organization funding, please visit the Office of Student Activities in person or call ext. 2527.