Student Leadership Corps (SLC) is comprised of rising sophomores who commit to develop personal and relational leadership skills. Participants gain a deeper knowledge of themselves and others which informs how they will positively contribute to leadership in the organizations and communities in which they serve. Through weekly group meetings, mentorship, and reflection, participants will be better able to demonstrate leadership and followership at Loyola and beyond graduation.
Fall 2019 Application Timeline
March 27: Application Deadline
April 3- 10: Interviews will be scheduled with each candidate
April 8: Reference Form* Deadline
April 26: New SLC Meeting (3:00-4:30pm)
September: Begin weekly meetings
*It is the applicant's responsibility to the share the reference form and the deadline with their references in advance.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate sophomore for the fall semester 2019;
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA;
- Must be available for Friday afternoon meetings from 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.**;
- Possess a strong interest in developing your own and others’ leadership potential and abilities;
- Have a sense of individual and social responsibility;
- Possess organization skills, including the ability to meet assigned deadlines;
- Have an ability to work with others as a team in the completion of tasks; and
- Make a personal commitment to excellence and constant challenge to improve.
**Due to scheduling conflicts, eligible applicant's cannot also participate as an Evergreen, Resident Assistant, or Sellinger Scholar.
If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact Ben Cowman in the Office of Student Engagement at email@example.com.
Past Meeting Topics
- Strengths Quest
- Authentic Leadership
- Group Facilitation and Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Organizational Leadership
- Diversity and Social Justice
- Values Auction