Student Leadership Corps (SLC) is comprised of rising sophomores who commit to develop personal and relational leadership skills. Participants gain a deeper knowledge of themselves and others which informs how they will positively contribute to leadership in the organizations and communities in which they serve. Through weekly group meetings, mentorship, and reflection, participants will be better able to demonstrate leadership and followership at Loyola and beyond graduation.
The 2019-2020 cohort is now filled. The selection process for 2020-21 will begin in early March.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate sophomore for the fall semester 2019;
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA;
- Must be available for Friday afternoon meetings from 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.**;
- Possess a strong interest in developing your own and others’ leadership potential and abilities;
- Have a sense of individual and social responsibility;
- Possess organization skills, including the ability to meet assigned deadlines;
- Have an ability to work with others as a team in the completion of tasks; and
- Make a personal commitment to excellence and constant challenge to improve.
**Due to scheduling conflicts, eligible applicant's cannot also participate as an Evergreen, Resident Assistant, or Sellinger Scholar.
If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact Sara Scalzo in the Office of Student Engagement at email@example.com.
Past Meeting Topics
- Strengths Quest
- Authentic Leadership
- Group Facilitation and Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Organizational Leadership
- Diversity and Social Justice
- Values Auction