The Creative Assistant/Office Assistant position with the Office of Student Engagement provides students with practical experience in graphic design and social media in an energetic office environment.
The primary goals of the Creative Assistant/Office Assistant are to:
- Generate, revise, and further enhance publicity materials through print media, audio/visual media, and digital/social media;
- Complete creative projects, meeting all deadlines, and acknowledging the unique needs and goals of each program;
- Provide overall office support to professional staff via general office tasks.
Strong applicants should:
- Required: working command of Adobe Creative Suite and similar programs – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Publisher. (Experience with video software such as Premier Pro and iMovie a plus).
- Expect to apply their talents to the following areas: graphic design, digital/social media, advertisements, copy writing/editing.
- Have a background or knowledge in one or more of the following fields: Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Social Media, Digital Media, or Marketing;
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and be able to work in a team setting;
- Pay great attention to detail and utilize analytical critical thinking skills; and
- Be able to juggle multiple projects while prioritizing and completing them in a timely manner.
- Work 10-12 hours per week between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday based on your course schedule;
- Maintain cooperation and open communication regarding projects with Student Engagement professional staff;
- Maintain two-way communication with the staff member requesting a project;
- Assist with general office tasks such as front desk coverage, answering phones, running campus errands, and other projects as needed.
Examples of social media project work:
- Oversee and coordinate the office’s social media outlets and promotion on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube;
- Manage social media activities, including posting on all the sites above, foster follower engagement through conversation replies, and monitor related activity to ensure compliance with relevant Student Engagement and Loyola University Maryland mission and values.
Examples of print media project work:
- Create and design all print media needs for office events and programming including but not limited to posters, flyers, postcards, digital signage, and invitations;
- Collaborate and communicate with the Social Media Specialist in posting the created materials on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Submit print orders and maintain communication with the office of Printing Services on campus; and
Examples of videography project work:
- Develop a plan or storyboard for the video production with the staff member requesting the project;
- Discuss ideas and production setting with supervisor;
- Videotape all visual content and sound for video productions using the department’s equipment;
- Edit and assemble final visual/audio program material; ensure consistency and relevancy to production; monitor technical quality of end product;
- Oversee the security, operation and maintenance of equipment during shooting and editing;
- Collaborate and communicate with the Social Media Specialist to promote and manage the department’s YouTube page; and
- Proficiency in Premier Pro, Final Cut (Pro/Express), and/or iMovie is highly preferred.
This is a Federal Work Study position and will not be available to hire for Fall 2020. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.