Our health center is open Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm. We realize that situations arise outside of our normal business hours. Please refer to the information below or our After- Hours Care Handout (DOC) for how to handle medical concerns outside business hours.
What should you do in a life-threatening emergency?
Call Public Safety's urgent line at (410) 617-5911 to request immediate assistance. A Public Safety officer will then:
- call 911 for you
- dispatch a first responder to your location to evaluate and assist you with your acute emergency
- direct/escort emergency personnel onto Loyola's campus
What should you do with an urgent medical concern?
If it is after-hours and you have an urgent medical concern or question that cannot wait until Student Health Services reopens the next day:
- call our On-Call Service* through Sinai Hospital at (410) 583-9396 and the on-call physician will be able to assist you. Make sure to identify yourself as a Loyola University Student and leave your name and number for the return call.
- *Please note that the on-call providers do not have access to SHS health records or ability to help schedule appointments. For concerns related to this, you will need to call back during normal business hours. Please also be advised that the on-call service is only available during the Academic Year.
- if you do have access to a car, please refer to our list below of local urgent care/hospital ER resources.
- if you do not have access to a car and you need to go to a urgent care center or hospital ER, please contact your RA or GRC. You can also call Public Safety's non-urgent line at (410) 617-5010 who can arrange transportation for you.
What should you do with a non-urgent medical concern?
If your medical issue is non-urgent and can wait until the next business day, please call Student Health Services at (410) 617-5055 to schedule an appointment.
- Please note, our hours of operation are Mon-Fri 8:30-5pm.
Local Urgent Care Facilities & Emergency Rooms
There are several urgent care facilities and emergency rooms within driving distance to campus. Many of these sites do not require appointments and are open as late as 10pm.
Choice One Urgent Care* - Rotunda Location - (Closest Urgent Care- Campus Police can transport you here)
711 West 40th Street, Baltimore MD 21211
*Offers Travel Medicine services including vaccinations
MedStar PromptCare (Campus Police can transport you here as well)
6317 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212
Union Memorial Hospital (Closest ER, Campus Police will transport you if needed)
201 East University Parkway, Baltimore MD 21218
2401 West Belvedere Avenue, Baltimore MD 21215
If you need to obtain medications or have prescriptions filled after-hours, there are several local pharmacies near campus.