We are pleased to inform you that the student health insurance plan for the 2020-2021 academic year is being underwritten by Cigna Health Insurance Company. The graduate rate for the period 8/15/20 - 8/14/21 is $3,682.00. More information regarding plan benefits and how to enroll/waive will be available in early June.
Domestic and International Graduate Students
Loyola University Maryland requires all full-time graduate students participating in the Masters Speech-Language Pathology program, Doctorate of Psychology program, Washington Montessori Institute and the Emerging Leaders MBA based program have health insurance during the 2020-21 academic year. You are required to either enroll online in the Loyola-sponsored Student Health Insurance plan, or submit an online request to waive coverage. To waive coverage, your plan must have comparable coverage based on Loyola’s waiver criteria.
Waiver Criteria – You will be asked these five questions when you go online to waive Loyola’s Student Health Insurance coverage. All answers must be yes or your request to waive will be denied.
- My plan is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number.
- My plan is currently active and I agree to maintain health insurance coverage throughout the entire 2020/2021 academic year.
- My plan covers inpatient and outpatient medical care.
- My plan covers inpatient and outpatient mental health and alcohol abuse.
- My plan provides coverage for prescription drugs.
Does your plan benefits extend to the State of Maryland? We strongly recommend that you check with your insurance provider to assure continued health insurance coverage while at Loyola University Maryland, specifically for diagnostic testing (lab work and x-rays) and referrals to specialists. Some HMOs offer guest membership plans which provide healthcare benefits to continue at the same level when away from home. Please contact your HMO insurance provider to find out if this option is available. There is usually no charge for this type of program.
For more information, please contact the Insurance Manager at 410-617-5055.