We are pleased to inform you that the student health insurance plan for the 2018-2019 academic year is being underwritten by United Healthcare Insurance Company. Here is a brief overview of plan benefits. Additional information on plan benefits can be found at First Student.
* *Please Note: Open enrollment for spring 2019 will be available on or about December 3, 2018. Additional Information regarding the school sponsored health insurance plan for the 2018/2019 academic year and how to enroll/waive can be found at First Student.
Domestic and International Graduate Students
In an effort to ensure students’ physical and financial health, Loyola University Maryland requires all full-time graduate students participating in the Masters Speech-Language Pathology program, Doctorate of Psychology program, Washington Montessori Institute and the Emerging Leaders MBA based program have health insurance during the 2018-19 academic year. You are required to either enroll online in the Loyola-sponsored Student Health Insurance plan, or submit an online request to waive coverage. To waive coverage, your plan must have comparable coverage based on Loyola’s waiver criteria.
Waiver Criteria – You will be asked these five questions when you go online to waive Loyola’s Student Health Insurance coverage. All answers must be yes or your request to waive will be denied.
- My plan is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number.
- My plan is currently active and I agree to maintain health insurance coverage throughout the entire 2018/2019 academic year.
- My plan covers inpatient and outpatient medical care.
- My plan covers inpatient and outpatient mental health and alcohol abuse.
- My plan provides coverage for prescription drugs.
Does your plan benefits extend to the State of Maryland? We strongly recommend that you check with your insurance provider to assure continued health insurance coverage while at Loyola University Maryland, specifically for diagnostic testing (lab work and x-rays) and referrals to specialists. Some HMOs offer guest membership plans which provide healthcare benefits to continue at the same level when away from home. Please contact your HMO insurance provider to find out if this option is available. There is usually no charge for this type of program.
The Graduate Spring 2019 rate for the 2018-19 Loyola-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan:
Spring: $1,820 (for the period 1/1/19 – 8/14/19)
For assistance or questions with online enrollment or the waiver process, please contact Paige Fritze at 800-346-4075 ext. 1607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We expect that you will have a healthy year, but we strongly recommend that you make an informed decision about your health insurance coverage while you are a student at Loyola University.