*PLEASE NOTE: Additional information regarding the school sponsored health insurance plan for the 2018/2019 academic year and how to enroll/waive, will be sent to the students via their Loyola email beginning in June 2018. Postcards will also be sent to the home address.
Domestic and International Undergraduate Students
In an effort to ensure your physical and financial health, Loyola requires all full-time undergraduate students to have health insurance during the academic year. You are required to either enroll in the Loyola-sponsored student health insurance plan, or waive coverage. To waive coverage, please review you current plan to be sure that you have comparable coverage based on Loyola waiver criteria.
Waiver criteria - You will be asked these five questions when you go online to waive Loyola’s Student Health Insurance coverage. All answers must be yes or your request to waive will be denied.
- My plan is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number.
- My plan is currently active and I agree to maintain health insurance coverage throughout the entire 2018/2019 academic year.
- My plan covers inpatient and outpatient medical care.
- My plan covers inpatient and outpatient mental health and alcohol abuse.
- My plan provides coverage for prescription drugs.
Does your plan benefits extend to the State of Maryland?
- We strongly recommend that you check with your insurance provider to assure continued health insurance coverage while at Loyola University Maryland, specifically for diagnostic testing (lab work and x-rays) and referrals to specialists. Some HMOs offer guest membership plans which provide healthcare benefits to continue at the same level when away from home. Please contact your HMO insurance provider to find out if this option is available. There is usually no additional charge for this type of program.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Health Services at 410-617-5055 and ask to speak with the Office/Insurance Manager.