- The Desk Staff operations provide three major functions for the residence facilities. They are security, safety and service with the residence halls.
- The Safety and Security of the residence hall and apartment students and their guests is a major responsibility of the Desk Staff. Desk Assistants play an integral role in the security of our buildings and the safety of residents by responding to crisis events in collaboration with Loyola Staff.
- Desk Assistant Expectations typically include the following:
- The Desk is staff 24/7 including exam weeks before the halls close. Hours are broken into 6 different shifts explained before:
Desk Assistant Eligibility
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application and throughout service in the position.
- Students must be in good judicial standing.
- Must be a full-time, undergraduate student.
- A completed Desk Staff application on file at the Office of Student Life (link below)
Apply Online for the Desk Assistant Position - New Applications will open on February 10, 2020.
Desk Coordinators oversees Desk Assistants in the their specific area. Each Desk Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing 2 desks. The desks are paired as follows: Butler/ Hammerman, Campion (North and South), Newman (East and West), Flannery O’Connor (1st and 2nd Floor) and the Hopkins Desk. Desk Coordinators leads all scheduling hours and is the direct supervisor for their specific area. Desk Coordinators report to the Graduate Coordinator for Desk Operations.
All Desk Coordinator Roles are filled for the 2019-2020 academic year. New Applications will open on February 10, 2020 for the 2020-2021 academic year!
For questions and concerns about Desk Operations, please contact the Graduate Coordinator for Desk Operations, Patrice O'Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interested in joining the team? Email email@example.com.