Apply online for 2018-2019
The Office Assistant (OA) is a member of the Office of Student Life team. The OA works in the central office, assisting in the administration and delivery of services for the residence hall communities. The OA is often the first contact to residents, parents, visitors, and persons outside the LUM community and therefore must demonstrate professionalism and customer service at all times, while also responding quickly and effectively to student needs and other situations.
Office of Student Life Administrative Assistant and the Assistant Director for Housing Operations.
- Be enrolled as a full-time Federal Work Study student at Loyola University Maryland
- Must be in good academic standing, having a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Must be in good discipline standing
- Competent in the operation of multi-line phone system, personal computers, printers, and copiers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be able to work up to 15 hours per week
- Light lifting up to 50 lbs. and considerable walking may be involved
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide exceptional customer service to students, parents, and stakeholders by phone, email and in-person regarding any housing questions, concerns, and requests
- Receive and respond to phone calls and voicemails in a timely manner
- Greet and engage with students, parents, and stakeholders
- Provide office support such as mailings, front desk coverage, filing
- Maintain databases and prepare reports from the databases
- Have extensive knowledge of university and Student Life housing policies
- Work on special projects and secondary assignments as assigned by the Student Life Professional Staff
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
Terms of Employment:
- Position is for one academic year
- OAs must adhere to all expectations outlined in the Office Manual and Community Standards; An OA may be dismissed from the position for continued poor performance
- Each OA is evaluated throughout the academic year and will be provided feedback throughout their employment period
- The period of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of tasks, positive evaluations, and exhibition of personal growth in the position
- Application Questions
- Do you anticipate other commitments that may take time away from working as an OA? If yes, please explain.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What previous experience/skills do you have that will help you be successful in this position?
- What strategies do you use to manage your time and prioritize tasks?
- Deadline for applications: August 10th at 9:00am
- Interviews will take place between Monday, August 20th - Thursday, August 24th 2018.
Apply online for 2018-2019