Loyola University Maryland Residence Halls close for all major break periods. Students are ONLY permitted to stay in their residence hall room if they have an approved Contract Extension. There are 2 ways to be approved for a Contract Extension:
- A University office/department can request an extension on behalf of a student.
- A student can request an individual extension using the form below. Note: Submission of this form does not constitute approval. In addition, students must submit a new contract extension form for each individual break by the designated application deadline listed below.
- Criteria for approval, include, but are not limited to, financial, medical, or travel emergencies as well international student travel implications.
If approved, the following conditions exist for ALL students staying in their Residence Hall during break closures:
- There is an $80 per day rate for approved contract extensions (for individual requests ONLY).
- Extension is granted for only the specified student (not any roommates or suite mates).
- No guests are permitted except for other Loyola students with an approved contract extension.
- All Loyola University Maryland policies are in effect.
- Any violations of the Loyola University Maryland Community Standards during the contract extension will result in sanctions, as well as being prohibited from receiving contract extensions in the future.
- Failure to comply with the above conditions could result in immediate suspension of the contract extension.
2018-2019 Contract Extension Deadlines
Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at noon –
Sunday, November 25, 2018 at noon
|Monday, November 12, 2018 by 8:00am
Friday, December 21, 2018 at noon –
Sunday, January 13, 2019 at noon
|Wednesday, December 12, 2018 by 8:00am
Saturday, March 2, 2019 at noon –
Sunday, March 10, 2019 at noon
|Monday, February 18, 2019 by 8:00am
End of Year
Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 3pm
NOTE: Graduating students are not permitted to apply for Contract Extensions
Monday, April 29, 2019 by 8:00am
MUST complete the End of Year Contract Extension form
Apply for a Contract Extension for an Individual
As a reminder, there is an $80/night fee for all students who are approved through this process.
Do not complete the break closing form if you are here at the request of a University office/department. Please contact your supervisor from that office/department to determine if they have submitted your name for approval.
Apply Online for a Break Closing Contract Extension
ALL students must complete the End of Year Contract Extension form, even those that will be here at the request of a University office/department/student group.
Apply Online for an End of Year Contract Extension