Loyola University Maryland

Student Life

Departmental Information Regarding the Contract Extension Process

Hello Department Coordinators,

Loyola University Maryland Residence Halls close for all major break periods. Students are ONLY permitted to stay in their residence hall room if they have an approved Contract Extension.

Before Every break period, Student Life collects information from offices and departments across the University who may need students to be available to maintain their operations. For those departments requesting contract extensions for undergraduate students, please contact studentlife@loyola.edu for the Excel Spreadsheet so you can list all students that you are requesting to remain in their on-campus residence hall assignment. Please ensure that your email requests are sent from your official Loyola email address. 

Please return your completed list to Student Life (studentlife@loyola.edu) no later than the deadline listed for the specific break period.

Important information about list submissions:

  • Your list must be sent by the deadline date to ensure that our office has adequate time for processing.
  • It is also important that your list accurately reflects only those students currently living on-campus that your department is requesting to remain in their rooms during the extension period. Do not put students that live off campus on the contract extension list. 
  • Provide the legal names of all students. Do not list nicknames or preferred names on the excel list.
  • The list must be sent from your Loyola email.
Once you have submitted your list of students, you will receive a confirmation. When all students have been confirmed, the Office of Student Life will inform all students of their approved contract extension no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the specific break period. Our staff will provide an Occupancy Sign for each resident on their residence room door.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding contract extensions, please contact the Office of Student Life at 410-617-5081.

Thank you for all your cooperation with the contract extension process.