Departments that wish to procure technology solutions with departmental funds must notify the CIO in Technology Services by emailing email@example.com. Technology includes new software, online services, or hardware needed beyond the current University offerings. Completion of the process is critical to ensure Loyola is maintaining compliance with various regulatory agencies, applicable licenses and duplication of systems does not occur.
Several factors must be considered to ensure University compliance requirements are met and unnecessary risk is not introduced to the computing environment such as:
• accessibility of the solution using assistive/adaptive technology (meets ADA requirements)
• anticipated use of restricted University data (PII, PHI protection)
• use of the campus data network (Information Security Policy, Server Management Guidelines, bandwidth requirements, Payment Card Industry requirements, etc.).
In order to ensure compliance, departments must take the following steps before purchasing new technology:
1. Complete a statement of purpose for the purchase.
2. Obtain a VPAT from the vendor to ensure compliance with Loyola University’s Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards (required).
3. Have the vendor complete our data security survey (required if Loyola data will be shared with the vendor).
4. Obtain the vendor agreement and any supporting documentation.
5. Forward these documents and the vendor contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
6. Please allow 10 business days for the review of the information within technology services. Follow-up information may be needed from the vendor or the requesting department.
7. Technology services will notify you when the review is complete and forward the agreement to Jen Wood for legal review.
8. Once all reviews are complete, you will be notified. Technology services will procure the requested solution on behalf of the requesting department using the HoundMart system.
• Departments seeking new technology solutions THAT REQUIRE CAPITAL FUNDING are required to submit their request to the Project Management Office. This request form is on the PMO website.
• Contractual agreements require review by both technology services and Jen Wood.