Before continuing, verify that you have administrative rights on your machine to install applications. We recommend using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser.
1. Upon clicking on the download link above you will be prompted to enter your Loyola username and password.
2. You will then be prompted to run, save or cancel out of the installation process. Press run or save depending on the web browser you use.
3. The file will download. Once it is completed the program will open automatically or you may need to double click or press the ‘Open’ button to start the installation. An installation box will pop up on your screen with a status bar to tell you how far along the process is. The box will disappear when installation is complete.
4. Once the installation is complete a Live Scan box will pop up and update your virus definitions.
5. The installation of Symantec will not be completed until you restart your computer. Until you restart the Symantec shield icon will have a yellow exclamation mark over it and will give you the message that Symantec requires a restart.