Undergraduate students can request a peer tutor on our online scheduling system, TutorTrac. Tutoring appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. No appointments will appear when you search unless they will take place more than 24 hours from that time.
Students can request a tutor following these simple steps:
- We suggest using Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Log into the scheduling system using your Loyola user name and password. (This is the same as your log in for Moodle, Web Advisor, email, Inside Loyola, etc.)
- On the left-hand corner of the page in the Student Options box, please choose “Search Availability.”
- Then choose “The Study” from the “Centers” dropdown menu.
- Next, choose the course you need tutoring in from the “Sections” dropdown menu. (Only the courses you are enrolled in this semester will appear.)
- Next, choose the date and time you would like to make a tutoring appointment. We strongly suggest choosing “All” availability. By selecting all, you will see all tutors’ schedules for the next two weeks. You will have more availability to choose from, as opposed to selecting a specific date and time.
- Finally, select the appointment time you want. You will receive an appointment confirmation email immediately and an appointment reminder email 24-hours before your scheduled appointment.
Want to meet with the same tutor at the same time every week? Ask your tutor what day and time works for them, then email that information plus the course to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact The Study if you:
- Cannot find an appointment time that fits into your schedule (and you’ve chosen “all” as the scheduling option).
- Need a tutor for a course and we do not have a tutor on staff. Although The Study does its best to provide tutoring for all undergraduate and graduate courses at Loyola, we do not have tutors on staff for every single course. Contact us and we will do our best to find a tutor for you.
- Have any other questions about requesting a tutor.