Every year, The Career Center conducts a Follow-Up Survey with each undergraduate graduating class. Studies of this nature are conducted in order to determine to what degree graduates are successful in achieving their post-graduation career objectives.
The survey is typically completed 6-9 months after graduation, and graduates are contacted via email and phone to complete the survey. Special efforts are made each year to contact graduates who are still seeking employment and to invite them to use the services of The Career Center, as this is a free, ongoing service provided to our alumni.
The following information is provided from the survey on the Undergraduate Class of 2014:
- The response rate was approximately 89%, with 804 out of 903 graduating seniors responding.
- Overall, approximately 94% of graduates utilized The Career Center's services.
- Graduates with liberal arts and business backgrounds have successfully entered a variety of career fields.
- Approximately 81% of the graduates are employed either full-time or part-time.
- Roughly 21% of the graduates are in graduate/professional school either full-time or part-time.
- Around 5% of the graduates are both working and attending graduate/professional school.
- Ten percent (10%) of graduates are enrolled in full-time post-college service.
- The percentage of students seeking employment was 2.2% (which was well below the 8.6% national average college unemployment rate reported by the Economic Policy Institute - source: USA Today, April 6, 2015).
View a sample of companies that employed 2014 Loyola graduates and graduate/professional schools where 2014 Loyola graduates have enrolled. For additional follow-up information on individual majors, refer to What Can I Do With A Major In...? resource.