Loyola's Women's Center is dedicated to empowering women and men by educating the University and its surrounding community on issues of gender that are of particular interest to women. A primary goal of the Women’s Center is to actively work to promote an environment of equality and acceptance for all people of all religious beliefs, ethnic backgrounds, and sexual orientations. The Women’s Center is committed to creating programing and educational campaigns to engage all students to create an environment free from harm.
The Women’s Center Intern positions play a crucial role in assisting with social media and help promote events, implement events and create and disseminate educational campaigns around gender-based violence and creating a safe and inclusive environment for all students. The positions are designed to provide students with practical work experience within the communication and graphic design fields and regular professional development opportunities. The Women’s Center is seeking hard working, creative, energetic students for the 2021-22 academic year. This position is open to all class years, including incoming first-year students.
- Actively participate in the enhancement of the office’s marketing and media plan by contributing innovative ideas and opportunities to connect more effectively with the student community.
- Generate, revise, and further enhance publicity materials through print and digital/social media.
- Develop and implement campus events and other project activities.
- This position serves as an opportunity to receive transferrable work experience by creating materials and supporting the Women’s Center.
- A supportive experience, with an hourly wage of $15 that provides the opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of campus departments, organizations, and partners.
- Be passionate about ending gender-based violence and creating a Loyola community free from sexual assault, dating/domestic violence and stalking.
- Have a background in one or more of the following fields: Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Social Media, Journalism, Digital Media, Writing, Business, or Marketing (Preferred, not required).
- Have a working command of Photoshop and/or Illustrator or Media Creation sites like Canva or Poster My Wall.
- Have experience in other Adobe Creative Suite and movie editing platforms is beneficial to the role.
- Expect to apply their talents to the following areas: graphic design, page layouts, branding, 2D print media, digital/social media, advertisements, copy editing, writing, and creative marketing solutions.
- Be able to work independently while juggling multiple projects while prioritizing and completing them by their deadlines.
- Have ability and interest in sharing about services at the Women’s Center.
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Be able to work in a team setting.
- Pay great attention to detail and utilize analytical critical thinking skills.
- Be receptive to critiques and edit requests on creative work.
- Create and design media, including flyers, social media graphics, branding materials, etc.
- Collaborate with campus partners to develop marketing materials for events.
- Collaborate with team to manage social media activities, including developing content, publicity, replying to comments/DMs, and monitoring related activity to ensure compliance with relevant Loyola University Maryland mission and values.
- Recommend and implement strategies for recruiting new followers and members via social media.
- Collaborate with Women’s Center professional staff through open and constant communication about projects.
- Maintain two-way communication with staff members requesting projects.
- Assess program and event marketing for effectiveness and appeal of audience.
- Develop creative strategies and ideas to share resources with students who may experience sexual assault, dating/domestic violence and stalking.
- Generate new ideas to market and promote the Women’s Center on campus through tabling, social media contests, etc.
- 6 hours per week.
- Other duties as assigned including answering the phone, greeting visitors, and other clerical office operations.
To apply, applicants must submit the following via the 2021-22 Women’s Center Application Form:
- Resume or explanation of related experience
- At least one sample of your graphic design work
For additional information regarding the application process, please contact the Women’s Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-617-6769.