How to Meet Online with an Undergraduate Writing Center Tutor (via Zoom)
- Log into Accudemia using your Loyola username and password. (This is the same as your log in for Moodle, email, Inside Loyola, etc.)
- Select "New Appointment" from the menu at the top of your screen.
- Select the Center to schedule your appointment (The Writing Center).
- Select the Service you would like to access: Tutoring Appointment: Zoom
- Continue to follow the prompts by selecting the course and instructor.
- Finally, you will be able to choose a day/time that works for your schedule. Once you select your appointment details and confirm, you will receive an email confirmation.
Note: At the time of your appointment, your tutor will send you a link to a Zoom room to be used for the session. You must have Zoom open to cut and paste the Zoom address into your Zoom app. To ease the process, please be prepared ahead of time.
Loyola's distance learning platform is Zoom. The Writing Center uses Zoom to conduct its online appointments. In order to use this service, you must make an appointment with us so our tutors can have a scheduled amount of time to review your assignment. Your appointment will take place in real time, as a live Zoom meeting. Since you will be chatting with your tutor you must be present at your computer with internet access at the time of your appointment, just as you would for a face-to-face appointment.
Loyola Office of Technology Services supports this service. If you have questions, you can contact OTS directly at x5555 or email@example.com.