Thank you for all the great applications for the 2019-20 Baltipreneurs Accelerator Program. Learn about our finalists' ventures. The application for the 2020-21 program will open in August 2020.
The Baltipreneurs Accelerator will be piloted with $15,000 in funding for members of the Baltimore community, including Loyola students, faculty, and staff, who are building a business or an innovative social venture. Five to eight selected teams will join the Accelerator to receive training and technical assistance, mentorship, networking opportunities, and access to capital, ending with a Demo Day pitch in early spring.
The Baltipreneurs Accelerator will feature differentiated instruction and active learning.
Ventures are understood to enter the program in their own place and with distinct needs. While attending all 10 required weekly sessions, ventures will otherwise proceed through their own identified milestones at their own pace. Mentors and instructors will provide personalized contract, in some cases delivered via technology, and conversations within and across teams will be prioritized to democratize the learning environment.
Not a class
The Baltipreneurs Accelerator extends through the entire school year, providing participants with an extended time frame for feedback, reflection, opportunities for failure, and to react and build. Formal learning modules end in February, but maintain ongoing mentorship and workspace, and the Demo Day pitch opportunity takes place in the spring.
Cohort development and cooperation
A “team of teams” dynamic will be built in the Accelerator, as a collaboration among and between teams is required.
By accepting responsibility for shared instruction, teams will learn from one another and share resources. Demonstrating that teamwork pays, participants will be asked to rank each other’s ventures on metrics, including partnership and group leadership, to qualify for additional cash rewards.
Each successful Baltipreneur venture receives a minimum of $2,000 in stipends:
- $500 upon completion of first five learning modules
- $1,000 upon meeting agreed-upon major milestones
- $500 after presenting at Demo Day
PLUS the opportunity to qualify for an additional $5,000 in awards for the highest performing teams.
Baltipreneurs will also receive:
- Access to dedicated office space and open workspace at Loyola Notre Dame Library through May 2020
- Assigned mentors
- Option to engage Greyhound Group Consultants on a pro-bono project
- Access to office hours with Startup Executive in Residence and Startup Legal Advisor in Residence
- 1 on 1 pitch/presentation coaching session
- 1 on 1 financial and accounting management coaching session
- Access to competitive/corporate research training
- Photo session for portraits and action shots for use on LinkedIn, social media, and other marketing materials
Am I a fit?
The Baltipreneurs Accelerator will consider ventures:
- Led by passionate, committed entrepreneurs including Loyola University Maryland students, faculty, or staff and residents operating in the city of Baltimore.
- Preference to founders who identify as underrepresented entrepreneurs, including but not limited to women entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs of color, entrepreneurs with disabilities, or veteran entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurs representing all industries and market sizes both pre or post revenue will be considered
I think I fit! How do I apply?
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through October 31, 2019.
- We will confirm receipt of your application and inform you of your acceptance status as soon as possible.
- Winners of the previous year’s Building a Better World Through Business (BBWTB) student pitch competition are automatically eligible.
Program Location & Schedule
Ten weekly cohort meetups will be held Thursday evenings in the Loyola Notre Dame Library, 200 Winston Ave., from 6:30-9 p.m. November 14, 2019 - February 20, 2020. Parking is available on Winston Street in front of the Library. Attendance is mandatory.
- Nov 14
- Nov 21
- Dec 5
- Jan 9 (earlier time 5:30-8)
- Jan 16
- Jan 23
- Jan 30
- Feb 6
- Feb 13
- Feb 20