Applications for the 2020-21 Baltipreneurs Accelerator virtual program are now closed. Please check back next September. Learn about this year’s cohort.
This year’s Baltipreneurs Accelerator will provide a minimum of $45,000 in total funding for entrepreneurs in the Baltimore community, including Loyola students, faculty, and staff, who are building a business or an innovative social venture. Up to twelve selected teams will join the Accelerator to receive training and technical assistance, mentorship, networking opportunities, and access to capital, ending with a Demo Day pitch in early spring.
Differentiation and mentorship
Ventures are understood to enter the program in their own place and with distinct needs. While attending all 10 required virtual weekly sessions, ventures (nonprofit or for profit) will otherwise proceed through their own identified milestones at their own pace. Mentors and instructors will provide personalized content, and conversations within and across teams will be prioritized to democratize the learning environment.
Time for reflection and practice
The Baltipreneurs Accelerator extends through the entire school year, providing participants with an extended time frame for feedback, reflection, opportunities for failure, and to react and build. Formal learning modules end in February, but ongoing coaching and collaboration continue so participants can hone their ask before appearing in front of the community and receiving their final score and awards at Demo Day in the spring.
Elevating peer learning and cooperation
A “team of teams” dynamic will be built into the Accelerator, as collaboration among and between teams is required.
By accepting responsibility for shared instruction, teams will learn from one another and share resources. Demonstrating that teamwork pays, participants will be asked to rank each other’s ventures to evaluate who will qualify for additional cash rewards.
Each successful Baltipreneur venture receives a minimum of $2,000 in stipends:
- $500 upon completion of first five learning modules
- $1,000 upon meeting agreed-upon major milestones
- $500 after presenting at Demo Day
PLUS the opportunity to qualify for an additional $10,000 in awards for the highest performing teams.
Baltipreneurs will also receive:
- A dedicated mentor
- Option to engage Greyhound Group Consultants on a pro-bono project
- Access to office hours with Startup Executive in Residence and Startup Legal Advisor in Residence
- 1 on 1 pitch/presentation coaching session
- 1 on 1 financial and accounting management coaching session
- Access to competitive/corporate research training
- Photo session for portraits for use on LinkedIn, social media, and other marketing materials
Am I a fit?
The Baltipreneurs Accelerator will consider ventures:
- Led by passionate, committed entrepreneurs including Loyola University Maryland students, faculty, or staff, and residents operating in the city of Baltimore.
- Preference to founders who identify as underrepresented entrepreneurs, including but not limited to women entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs of color, entrepreneurs with disabilities, or veteran entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurs representing all industries and market sizes both pre- or post-revenue will be considered
I think I fit! How do I apply?
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through September 30, 2020.
- We will confirm receipt of your application and inform you of your acceptance status as soon as possible.
Program Location & Schedule
Ten weekly cohort meetups will be held via zoom on Wednesday evenings., from 6:30-8:30 p.m. November, 2020-February, 2021. Attendance is mandatory.
- Nov 4
- Nov 11
- Nov 18
- Dec 2
- Dec 9
- Dec 16
- Jan 13
- Jan 20
- Jan 27
- Feb 3