The 2022 Commencement Ceremony will be held at the M&T Bank Stadium (1101 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD 21230) on Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 11 a.m.
Graduates and their families and friends are encouraged to leave ample time to arrive at the stadium. The University strongly suggests that families stay at hotels in close proximity to M&T Bank Stadium to avoid traffic and parking delays.
We will provide a livestream of the Commencement Exercises and the Baccalaureate Mass for those unable to attend the ceremony. For guests who cannot attend in person, the Commencement Ceremony will be livestreamed.
Tickets for Commencement are not required.
Parking will be available in Lots B, C, D (accessible), G, and H. ADA parking for anyone who requested accessible seating will be in Lot D. Parking will be $15 per vehicle (no cash accepted). Tailgating is not permitted.
Map of M&T Bank Stadium parking Directions to and from parking lots
Click to enlarge stadium map
- Concessions: Sections 115, 124, and 129
- First Aid: Sections 103, North East Suite
Gate C (Section 121):
- Reader Cards
- Disability Support Services
- Caps & Gowns
- Loyola Concierge
- Shield Meeting Point: Section 106
- Pawprint Meeting Point: Section 127/126
- Ray Lewis and Johnny Unitas Statues: Outside Gate A
- Large Booths: Sections 102 and 121
- Small Booths: Sections 113, 121, 130, and 153
- Undergraduate Student Seating: Sections 150-152
- Graduate Student Seating: Sections 100-101
- Guest Seating: Sections 117-134
All guests, including graduates, will be sitting in the stadium seats. All graduates have been assigned a seat according to the degree that they are receiving.
Map of M&T Bank Stadium and Seating
- Undergraduate Students: Sections 150-152
- Graduate Students: Sections 100-101
Guests may sit in Sections 117-134. There are no reserved seats for guests. No guests may sit or stand in the aisle next to the seats.
M&T Bank Stadium Entry and Policies
All graduates and guests can enter M&T Bank Stadium through Gate A or Gate D.
What to bring:
- Reader card
- Bags and umbrellas are allowed
- Due to the length of the ceremony, guests may want to consider bringing a back-up charging pack for phones.
What NOT to bring:
- Food or drink. No outside food or drink is allowed in the stadium.
Concession stands will open at 9 a.m. near sections 115, 124, 129, and 130. There is no eating or drinking allowed in the concourse areas. Attendees must take their items back to an appropriate seat in the seating bowl to eat or drink.
The event is completely cash free, including all parking lots and concessions.
Reader Card Pickup
Undergraduate Students: Undergraduate reader cards for the 2022 Commencement Exercises will be distributed from the Box Office in the Student Center on Wednesday, May 11, and Thursday, May 12. Please pick up your card during one of the following distribution sessions:
- Wednesday, May 11, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, May 12, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For those who are not in the Baltimore area, you can pick up your reader card from the Commencement services table outside of Gate C the morning of Commencement at M&T Bank Stadium.
Graduate Students: Reader cards for graduate students will be mailed as well as any Baccalaureate Mass tickets requested.
The card will include your name, the degree you are being awarded, and your seat number. In order to have your name read at Commencement, you must bring your card to the ceremony and carry it with you to the stage to hand to the card reader.
Degrees for students who have completed all requirements by the end of the Spring 2022 semester will be conferred on May 21. After that date, the Advising Office will be in touch with undergraduate students who still have outstanding requirements to discuss how to complete their degree. Diplomas will be mailed in June to those who complete their degree requirements.
Students and families who have any questions about disability seating or issues with their regalia should visit the Commencement Services area at Gate C.
- Presentation of Carroll Medal, Newman Medal, President's Medal, and Milch Award
- Presentation of Honorary Degree
- Commencement Address
- Presentation of Degrees
Presentation of Degrees
Student degrees are presented after the Commencement Address. The class will walk with doctoral graduates first, then bachelor’s recipients, and then master’s recipients. Grad Images photographers will take photos of the graduates as they cross the stage. Proofs and information related to ordering Commencement photographs will be sent directly to each graduate via email. All diplomas will be mailed home.