The information on this page is for students applying to Loyola. If you are currently a first-year student at Loyola who is applying to join CPaMS in the sophomore year (e.g. applying as a current first year student), please see the link in your email or contact the director if you have misplaced the link.
The CPaMS Scholars Program application for the Class of 2027 is now available. The application is separate from the Loyola University Maryland application. The process is:
- Interested students must first apply to be admitted to Loyola University Maryland as a member of the first-year Class of 2027.
- After completing your Loyola University Maryland application, you will need to use your Applicant Status Page login credentials sent to you via email to complete the online CPaMS Scholars application.
- Please complete the application by the deadline for consideration:
- Early Action Deadline: January 8, 2023. Note that if you applied to Loyola early action, you must apply to CPaMS by this deadline.
- Regular Decision Deadline: February 10, 2023
- Interested students must plan to major in computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, or data science. Data science majors must choose a technical focus within the major's course choices. You do not need to have financial need to apply to be part of our program.
- The scholarship will be renewed annually for up to four years, for students who qualify for a scholarship. The actual amount of the scholarship will depend on financial need determined by Loyola’s office of financial aid. To be considered for a scholarship as part of being a CPaMS Scholar, applicants must complete the FAFSA. Students who are ineligible to complete the FAFSA may submit the CSS Profile Application. Detailed instructions for both applications are available on the Financial Aid website.
- To remain in the CPaMS Scholars program, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in the courses required for the major; continue to major in computer science, physics, mathematics, or statistics; and complete a set of planned courses associated with the program. For a full list of requirements, see the CPaMS Scholars Expectations webpage.