We are happy you have decided to join the Loyola community, and we are gearing up to welcome you and your family to what will be a great two-day summer orientation program!
Online registration for Summer 2019 will be available later this spring!
Note: Incoming transfer students do not attend Summer Orientation, but do participate in Fall Welcome Weekend.
Goals of Summer Orientation
Summer Orientation is an important first step in becoming a Greyhound. It's important to remember that every college and university approaches orientation differently. At Loyola, orientation happens in two ways - Summer Orientation (June sessions) and Fall Welcome Weekend. The goals of each program differ slightly, so below you can see what we hope you accomplish during Summer Orientation:
- Learn about Loyola's core curriculum, campus housing, and the realities that face Loyola students
- Meet with Loyola faculty members who will help you understand the core curriculum and assist with choosing your fall semester courses
- Register for your fall courses! Most students will be pre-registered for two or three courses when they arrive for orientation; you'll pick a few extra courses to get to a total of five which will all put you on track for graduation in four years
- Complete a housing preference survey to help best match you to a roommate and also the type of building you want to live in
- Select a meal plan
- Meet your new classmates and make some new friends along the way
Parents and family members, we also want you to learn what it means to parent a Greyhound! At Loyola, we offer a separate, family orientation program that runs concurrent with the student program. The information sessions we offer provide the opportunity to meet and hear from a number of our campus administrators, faculty and staff members. The majority of students are accompanied at Summer Orientation by a parent or family member.
Visit the following to learn more:
For any additional questions about Summer Orientation, please contact us at email@example.com or 410-617-2032.
Student Family Profile
Parents and family members play an integral role as part of the larger Loyola community. In an effort to maintain this connection, we ask for your cooperation in providing us with information that will allow us to keep you informed about general campus activities and events, academic, financial, and residential life administrative processes, and campus emergencies.
Please complete the student family profile here: Student Family Profile