Micro-credentials for Professional Learning
Micro-credentials for Professional Learning are self-paced, performance-based, specialized professional learning opportunities where educators can immediately apply their new learning directly to their classroom or work environment. All of our learning opportunities are fully online and asynchronous so there are no face-to-face or online meetings and no travel requirements. We have three options for professional learning: Full Micro-credentials, Stacked Micro-credentials, and CEUs for Edcamps & Conferences.
Register for Micro-credentials for Professional Learning
Full Micro-credentials are facilitated, stand-alone opportunities for learning and growth in a specific topic. They are facilitated by expert educators supported by Loyola University Maryland who walk next to you through your learning to ensure success. They are designed to be completed in approximately 15 hours.
Stacked Micro-credentials are non-facilitated, mini courses for learning and growth in a specific topic. Each mini course leads to the integration of a particular topic in your professional learning environment and have no start or end dates to support just-in-time learning. Each mini course is designed to be completed in approximately 5 hours.
We support Edcamp Foundation approved Edcamps and local and global conferences. Each Edcamp and Conference is tailored to the individual needs of that community. We believe professional learning should be supported locally and globally, so we want to support your learning events! Edcamps and Conferences vary in length and format and we can support educators' continued growth by working with you to provide Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
2019-2020 Full Micro-credentials Start, End, & Enrollment Dates
| Fall 2019
October 28, 2019 - December 1, 2019
Enrollment ends November 11
| Spring 2020
March 2, 2020 - April 17, 2020
Enrollment ends March 16
| Summer 2020
July 6 - August 14
Enrollment ends July 20
Benefits of Micro-credentials for Professional Learning
In the Micro-credentials for Professional Learning, you will:
- Improve, enhance, or supplement your current skill sets.
- Learn new techniques in an area of professional interest aligned with your students' needs, school-wide instructional goals, and/or your school’s specific technology initiatives.
- Engage fully online with no cost, open-access digital resources, so there are no additional materials you need to purchase!
- Work at your pace to accommodate your busy life and teaching schedule.
- Choose the learning path that is best for you. We offer Micro-credentials that are larger, facilitated learning opportunities and Stacked Micro-credentials that are smaller, non-facilitated learning opportunities.
- Achieve a micro-credential certificate that represents a meaningful early step on the path to accomplished teaching.
- Receive a Continuing Education Certificate (CEU) recognized by Loyola University Maryland after completing the work at a proficient level. (Please note: CEU's are evidence of Professional Study approved by Loyola University Maryland. They are not equivalent to graduate or undergraduate credit. Individual jurisdictions and organizations have different regulations for accepting CEU credit. Please contact your jurisdiction or organization for further information on the acceptance and use of CEU credit.)
We believe teacher success supports student success and educators need professional learning opportunities that can be immediately applied to their classroom or learning environment. We support success through online, personalized, relevant learning opportunities designed to support educator success in the classroom. Our learning opportunities are called Micro-credentials for Professional Learning.
Follow us on Twitter:
@LoyolaET @LoyolaEducation #LoyolaMicroCreds
For more information or questions, contact:
Irene Bal, Lecturer in Educational Technology, School of Education, Loyola University Maryland
email@example.com or 410-617-1561