Students in F-1 Status Currently Studying or Working in the U.S.

Students who are currently in the U.S. who are in F-1 visa status may be able to transfer their immigration record to Loyola for the summer 2021 session depending on what the U.S. Department of Homeland Security immigration regulations will allow for summer 2021. Students who are seeking to transfer their F-1 immigration records should submit all of the following documents no later than May 1, 2021:

  1. International Student Information Sheet (PDF download)
  2. Copy of Passport (biographical page with expiration date).
  3. Copy of U.S. visa.
  4. Copy of current Form I-20 (if you have studied at a U.S. university or institution)
  5. Loyola Health Insurance Enrollment or Waiver Confirmation by June 15.*
Documents listed above should be emailed directly to by May 1, 2021.

*All international students who attend Loyola University Maryland and are residing in the U.S. are required to have health insurance. You are required to either enroll online in the Loyola-sponsored Student Health Insurance plan, or submit an online request to waive coverage. Students are encouraged to purchase Loyola's Student Health Insurance, the Wellfleet Health Insurance Plan. To waive coverage, your plan must have comparable coverage based on Loyola's waiver criteria. Please visit Loyola’s Student Health Insurance page for more information. The summer 2021 enrollment link will be available soon. If you will be residing in the U.S. during the Loyola summer program, you will be required to submit proof of enrollment in the Loyola health insurance plan or waiver confirmation.

Depending on what the U.S. Department of Homeland Security regulations will allow for summer 2021, if Loyola is able to pursue accepting F-1 international student transfer immigration records, F-1 international students will need to submit original financial documentation, a Transfer Eligibility Form, tuition payment for the summer credits by the appropriate deadline, and a dependent information sheet (if you will be requesting a dependent F-2 Form I-20 for a child or spouse) in order to be eligible to request a Loyola Form I-20.

For questions, contact our Office of International Student Services at or 410-617-5245.

Ready to learn more?